Javlin and its CEO David Pavlis are featured in what many consider the best and most important economic magazine in the Czech Republic, EKONOM.
The two page article was released in the prestigious magazine today and discusses how Javlin survived last year’s crisis and even managed to make a profit. David Pavlis, the CEO of Javlin, explains why Javlin is so successful and shares his tips on how to survive an economic crisis.
Tips to survive an economic crisis:
- Early monitoring and identification of the crisis signals
- Geographic risk diversification: have customers around the world.
- Industry risk diversification: have customers from various industries.
- Product portfolio risk diversification: have a product that is usable in all industries in every company size.
- Start saving in the good times: have backup money to use in a crisis.
- Have a good vision and strategy: communicate it within the whole company.
- Invest in good people. It’s the only way to have a loyal and efficient team.
Javlin’s main product, CloverETL, is so universal it is usable by any company in all industries. This surely helped us survive the crisis. Even though the revenue fell last year from 2,6 mil USD to 1,9 mil USD, Javlin was still very successful year considering the big crisis and the bankruptcy of many companies.
Javlin has shown stable profit for many years and grows constantly worldwide. Currently having offices in Washington DC, Atlanta, Prague and Brno, Javlin plans to expand to Asia and South America as well. It is important to have local offices with local employees who understand the market and the business culture. Opening offices in the US and setting Javlin’s own US subsidiary helped the business growth enormously. The new daughter company Javlin Inc. was immediately profitable from selling CloverETL licenses on the American continent.
David Pavlis also explains what helps to have a successful company even in bad times. The key is a good, loyal efficient team who identify themselves with the product and the whole company. As encouragement, the management divided some of the company’s shares between the best employees.
For those who understands Czech :-), here is the original article from EKONOM: http://ekonom.ihned.cz/c1-44868760-americke-mimikry-funguji